- We value and embrace the Highlands – its culture, heritage and traditions. We respect this landscape and environment. We listen and learn the tales of the Highlands.
- We believe that everyone has the right to be heard. We are open to listening and empathising.
- We commit to developing a culture of inclusion in the Highlands – at a personal and institutional level.
- We commit to being advocates for positive change; to use our power to challenge things that are oppressive; to influence complex intersectional issues around identity and intolerance.
- We want to nurture an environment where we encourage more awareness and visibility of different life choices and identities.
- We want to understand and celebrate our differences – and our common humanity – that is here in the Highlands already – and to prepare for increasing future diversity.
- We will create spaces for people to encounter difference.
- We recognise that processes of change take time and are fluid.
- We invite conversations that open up possibilities …
25 Mar 2021